Flash and Arrow

Flash and Arrow

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

What Can Used for The Real World, And What Not



Mental health can affect anyone that is influenced when they are put around either if it's a movie, video games or media itself. Liam Clark says, Video games are the most affect to younger audience that play video games such as "Batman: Arkham Asylum". The game takes role in the Mental Hospital of Arkham where it's a game you play have the experience of a mental client going through your mental problems and fighting out door problems. As how Batman is going through all his troubles it is put in a game to see it in his own eyes and this can affect a person in reality such as some celebrities such as Amy Winehouse, Britney Spears, Paul Gascoigne, and Frank Bruno that they had some type of breakdown go through struggles such as drug addiction. Also, having to go to mental hospitals to get mental help or be put away because they have the mind of "ill killers or tales of triumph against adversity" (Clark). or even to the maximum of suicide and extermination to themselves. Furthermore, Clark claims, because they are big celebrities they can become a big role model to media and the viewers to even follow their steps even when they might know they are going through struggles and it's not a good thing. 
In my opinion I am a big gamer, I have all the Batman games, especially Batman Arkham Asylum and I have never had that idea of affecting me in my person life after a fiction game. I see it more as a way to play and have different roles in games but never to the extent that it will affect me in my person life. Well nowadays there is nothing good to see in Television but except tragedies that happen in other countries weather from a natural disaster or man-made. Also, we have seen famous celebrities die, for example, Michael Jackson, Kurt Cobain (lead singer from band "Nirvana"), Amy Winehouse, Robin Williams, Paul Walker and more. This is a normal thing that everyone has to go through, we will all die some day just that these celebrities had something in their minds that they could not understand. Maybe unhappiness with themselves, not having the chance to live a normal life, and having the fear of what if... it was destiny or they decided to end their lives before. This is nothing more than what we see today. and I doubt someone will go mental from a video game such as Batman. But there is always an if.. but from my point of view I know whats good and whats bad. I know what can really be used in the real world and what is just to have fun with in a gaming world. And for sure I know I will keep on playing Batman Arkham Asylum  without a problem and watch social media without a problem too.

No comments:

Post a Comment